Saturday, November 6, 2010

Begins a New Journey into Faith

In my small group on Sunday mornings, in my mentoring groups on Wednesday night and when I mentor one-on-one, I always, always, always tell me ladies no matter their age to journal. Journal what is going on in your life because when you are in the middle of a difficult situation sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees…meaning, when you are in the middle of a struggle often times you don't see all the ways that God's hand is moving to work it out for your good. It's also a good release…just to get things out. I journal privately things I cannot and will not post on line because my life affects more than my own, and I value privacy and the trust of others in my life. But there are also things I do journal online in my blog, and this is where I've chosen to journal the next leg of my faith journey.

I know that I know that God has called me to full-time women's ministry as a vocation. I know this because this IS NOT something I would have chosen for myself, and yet He has placed this desire and burden on my heart. He has yet to reveal to me where and when this will take place, but in the meantime, I'm preparing – as Angela Thomas says, "A Righteous Wait." Sometimes I think I'm ready to do it now, but He hasn't provided or opened that door, so He continues to groom me. And I wait…sometimes patiently and thankfully, and sometimes not so much.

My career as a fraud investigating claim representative for an insurance company has been established in 14 years of experience. I know without a doubt that God called me to it as well. He gave me the temperament, the personality, the gifts and ability to do this job naturally. When I started in this career, I was one of very few women, and I was by far the youngest. I had to find my way into and through the "good ole boys club," and I did. I've dealt with all kinds of people – gang bangers, crooked chiros, chop shop owners, arsonist and people who made a poor decision. I think He was using all of that to prepare me for women's ministry which by nature seems totally opposite, but really it isn't. Women's ministry isn't just for those in the church body. It is equipping them to mature and make good decisions helping them to accept people of different backgrounds, and motivating women to reach out into the community to serve others. That's just one of the ways I see how my career has prepared me for ministry.

You might be wondering what I was referring to as the next leg of my faith journey. Well, here it is. There is a very good chance that the company I work for will be closing the only office here after the first quarter of next year. I could lose my job especially since I am not mobile (willing or able to relocate). My husband is a co-owner of several businesses that are not mobile. My pay is the stability of our financial existence, provides health benefits and affords us the ability to send our children to a Christian school. See where my faith might have potential for growth? I thought you might.

I choose not to be a worrier. I choose to leave it in God's hands and trust He will provide, but occasionally, I slip and worry a little. In December of 2011, I will have my Basic and Advanced Women's Certificate in Women's Ministry. I started this past summer on it, and those hours will apply to my M.A.C.E. (Master in Arts in Christian Education) with a focus in Women's Ministry. I will have 54 more hours to earn my M.A.C.E. So, I wonder when God is going to provide this opportunity for me. Currently, I lead women's ministry at my church on a volunteer basis, and I don't see them adding it as a paid position any time soon, so I wonder when God is going to start opening doors.

I know God's timing is perfect. He's never late, but I'd love it if He were early occasionally…like this time. But in the meantime, I'll do the righteous wait and prepare for when He finally says, "Kristy, you're up!" And during the wait, I will cling to Isaiah 42:16 which has been my verse since He called me to full-time ministry. "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments.