Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Devil Goes to Church -- Church Is Full of Hypocrites

I don’t know about you, but I know the devil is alive and well in my house most dominantly on Sunday mornings. There are some mornings that getting to church is a small miracle…no, a HUGE miracle. Pearce wants to wear clothes that I don’t find appropriate. Erin is doing drama for one reason or another. The dogs get after each other. Out walks Pearce in his cowboy boots and hat, but neither his teeth nor his hair, for that matter, have seen a brush. Erin can’t find anything to eat for breakfast. My nerves are shot and frayed. One can’t find their Bible when it’s time to walk out the door. There are some Sunday mornings that I force us to go to church because my children NEED to be in church, and I NEED to repent for almost sending them to my sweet Jesus face to face. (You know I'm kidding) But can I get an amen or something from a sister out there? I can’t remember when we were all dressed and ready for church and in pleasant moods and haven’t had a free-for-all in the bathroom or kitchen on a Sunday morning.

And don’t you just love it when people use the excuse that the reason they don’t go to church is, “There’s too many hypocrites in the church.” HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You bet there are hypocrites in the church, as well as, adulterers, drunks, addicts, sinners, losers, and the list goes on. The church is supposed to be a hospital for the sick, and a hypocrite is sick, and if you are more distracted by the sick who are in the church, then you are just as sick as they are. Get your butt in church and focus on the real reason for being there…CHRIST. Worship him. Praise him. Repent, you judgmental person. Truth is Satan goes to church as well. I’ve been studying the temptation of Jesus, and it hit me this morning that the devil took Jesus to church and tempted him. SAY WHAT!? The devil took Jesus and had him stand on the highest point of the temple (Mt 4:5). Yep, the devil was at church with Jesus. James 4:7 says, “resist the devil and he will flee from you.” And after Jesus resisted three times, the devil left.

Don’t think for one minute that Satan can’t make it into the sanctuary of a church. The lost bring him in. The sinners bring him in. I pray our greeters are praying at the door binding Satan from coming into the house of God. I pray that our small group leaders are praying in Jesus name that God will bind the devil from entering. Churches don’t die without a cause. You’re not going to see Satan at work in a dead church because he already made his presence known. I pray that our deacons are praying at the doors of the sanctuary in the name of Jesus binding Satan from entering.

When I led women’s ministry, we had women pray over the chairs and at the doors before every event. They prayed at the podium and everywhere that people would be serving.

Just something about which to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments.