Saturday, July 20, 2013

Erin's Trip to France

Please keep in mind Erin is twelve years old, and her knowledge of this world is limited on her experience and book smarts. She learned so much on this trip. Things I can only dream of seeing and doing, Erin experienced firsthand. They are memories she will treasure always.


     When my mom told me I would be flying with Delta to France, I thought I would be flying with a water faucet company. Boy was I wrong! In all, I flew eight hours and forty-five minutes from the US to France.

     When the Shreveport group landed in France all the other groups were already eating lunch. After we ate lunch, we followed Miss Alice (our delegation manager) to Palace of Versailles. I don’t know why they called it a “palace.” All that was there were gardens. Later that day we went to Chateau de Versailles. We got to walk through the Hall of Mirrors. It was pretty impressive. The mirrors made the hall seem longer than it was.

    Day three was probably the best day in France. First, we did my favorite thing – shopping on Champs Elysees. Then we did something I’ll never forget. We took the elevator to the top of the Eiffel Tower. Unfortunately instead of taking the nice elevator back down, we walked down a lot of stairs. We had a guide for the Arc de Triumph, but it was hard to understand her because she had an accent.

     Day four – big and exciting. The Louvre was our only stop for today besides more shopping. My favorite piece of art was “The Last Supper.” For some reason I just didn’t find the Mona Lisa very interesting. I mean it’s just a picture. Our last stop was a restaurant where we got an art lesson from an artist. I messed half of it up because the lady just kept giving instructions.



















We also had escargot. I know it is snail, but I couldn’t tell which part
was the snail – the black or the yellow!











   





 Day five – Dah, dah, dah, Daaaahhhh. Break out the fun. It’s Euro Disney time. Whoop, Whoop. Today
is Euro Disney time. Today was a day of rest. Ahhh. Not really! I rode Indiana Jones and flew straight through the skies on Space Mission Tow. Plus, I shopped like crazy. Today was awesome.

     Day six – Our last day in France. Today we went to Normandy. It was pretty sad. We had to write a letter to a World War II soldier. All of these letters will be kept in a museum.

    I’ll never forget my time in France, but I’m taking a ferry ride overnight to England where a new adventure awaits.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments.