Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times..."

I have purchased a digital recorder. I have recorded several phrases into it, and if you are a parent, you’ll appreciate these. “Don’t touch your sibling.” “Take your complaining somewhere else.” “Your face will freeze like that.” “Go to your room.” I get so tired of repeating myself, but I might as well be talking to the wall because no one else seems to listen.


While studying Genesis 1, there was something that I noticed. There are a couple of patterns. The first pattern I saw came in verse 3, “God said…” These words appear in verses 6, 9, 11, 14, 20, 24, 26, and 29, and what typically follows? “And it was so.” His Word is so powerful that whatever He says is so. Obviously, my word does not carry that kind of power. If it did, I would be saying things like, “I’m physically fit” --- and it was so. If my word was that powerful, I wouldn’t have to repeat myself to my children, and they would be little angels all the time.

Just because God ceases to say something like, “You are a beast of the field,” doesn’t mean it stops being the beast of the field. He says it one time, and His Word sustains that created being and the generations to come. How often do we need God’s reassurance? Over and over and over again. Kinda there myself right now to be perfectly honest.

His Word sustains what He creates. Do you rely on God’s Word to sustain you? You are one of His creations. His Word is POWERFUL. His Word SUSTAINS. His Word is the Bread of Life.

Are you looking for something consistent? Are you wanting something secure? Then dive into His Word for yourself. Don’t wait for a Beth Moore or your pastor to tell you what it says or what to believe. Find out for yourself how the Word of God can sustain you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments.