Monday, May 24, 2010

Is on the Brink of a New Chapter


I am on the brink of a new chapter in my life – graduate school. I'm taking my first class online. (HOLY COW! I'm voluntarily going back to school!) There are a couple of classes during the week of August I'd like to take and in October in addition to possibly an online class towards my M.A.C.E. (Master in Arts in Christian Education) with a focus on Women's ministry.

What do they call women who have gone to seminary and have earned their degree in order to be on staff in a Baptist church? I wonder.

I also wonder how difficult will the courses be. I wonder how will I be able to juggle a full-time job, family life, ministry and the Master's program. I know this isn't my plan because my plan NEVER included seminary or a Master's degree of any sort! I know this is God's plan. I am being obedient. I'm being submissive even when part of me just wants to run off screaming like a crazy lady. (Submission is a matter I've struggled with since before birth. Just ask my mom.)

 There's a quote I like that I've used since last summer when I heard it. "God doesn't always call the qualified, but He qualifies those He calls." I want to be equipped, qualified and called. I want to know what I need to know to minister to women effectively regardless of whether I get to earn a living doing it in the church.


I hate learning how to do new things at times (i.e. trying to find out how in the world the seminary website works, getting registered, how online classes work, etc.). I just want to automatically be comfortable and know how to use it and what to expect. You know, twitch my nose and voila'. I enjoy learning new applicable things that I can use and manipulate in my life. You'd think I'd outgrow some of that impatience, but alas, no.

 I want to do well, but it has been SOOOOO long since I've been in school or any sort. (I'm just laying out all my insecurities for God and everyone to see.)

 I know I'm just rambling, but I'm just putting down what comes to my mind.

I want a pen and paper, my textbook, and I want to get started. Erin is gone for two weeks, and I could really get a lot done. I hate waiting. Patience isn't one of my greatest attributes. (Have you ever thought or wondered if people who have no patience in waiting or also people who are less likely to procrastinate? I warned you that I was just writing what came in my pointed little head.)At any rate, this is where I am tonight not that anyone has to care or even read. It's just good mental therapy, mental health to get out and write it down. (That's why the most frequent gift I give someone is a journal.)

Good evening, reader.
My husband says he doesn't like standing on the edge of anything because it feels like he's being pulled over the edge. I totally get what he's saying now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments.