Friday, October 15, 2010

Wants to Know if You Swagger, Lope or Power Walk

I love watching people. One of the best places is at the airport. Talk about a regular menagerie of folks! I observe their appearances, what they are doing and how they walk. Have you ever noticed how many different kinds of walks there are? There are some women out there that wear stilettos like they are Nike's – IMPRESSIVE! Then there is the Power Walker – women who have the look of determination on their face just daring some small child to dart into their path. Then there are the Wanderers -- those who are wandering aimlessly and clueless and who somehow miraculously avoid being plowed over by the Power Walkers. Of course, you can't forget the Mom – she acts more like a herder. She has one child in a leash contraption, one in a stroller, and one just beyond her reach. She has diaper bags, toy bags, and somewhere in there is her much needed Tylenol. There are also the Suits – they're the ones who not only turn on their phone before the light goes off in the plane, but they are talking on it pulling their laptop carry-on bag as they weave in and out of the rest of the world.

But you don't have to go to the airport to see different kinds of walks. There's the swagger. There's the loper. I tease my daughter because we say she has one speed – idle. My sister says when Erin runs it looks like she is forever running up hill, and it just fits Erin's personality. I can't imagine her any other way. My son's walk changes depending on who he is with. If he is with my husband and some of his work crew, Pearce, my six-year-old has his own SWAGGER! He's six! It cracks me up. Other times he runs circles around Erin, and I wait for him to come back around so I can trip him and catch him. Getting older means I have to play smarter. My days of running in high heels have come and gone.

All of this got me thinking about my spiritual walk. Each one's spiritual walk is unique. Does your faith, your walk show a bit of a swagger and confidence when things are going good and in you are where you are supposed to be? What happens when your life hits the skids – because reality happens to Christians too. We are not exempt from pain. As a matter of fact, the Bible says, "In this world you will have trouble (John 16:33)." What happens to you then? Do you lose hope? Do you threaten to give up and throw in the towel? I write this with the love of Christ, if you lose hope you need to check to see what you are focusing on or who you are focusing on!

I've had a particularly hard and difficult week personally. Nothing I can get into on my blog, but just know, that my nerves in my shoulders are in knots the size of golf balls, and my jaws are so tight from my clinching them that they ache. I might need a jack to separate them. It's what I get for holding my tongue. My grandmother use to say that it is better to say nothing at all than have to go back and apologize for something that escaped in the heat of the moment.

But my hope is in Christ. His mercies are new every morning – THANK YOU, LORD! I know that no matter what he or she says or does, what breaks downs and needs to be replaced, or what issue may arise that my Creator, my Redeemer has me in the palm of His hand. He holds my future. He knows how everything is going to work out for my good because I'm a daddy's girl, and I love Him. I know that when life gets too tough to take, and I want to fight in the flesh that with Him anything is possible. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep my trap closed! I know that He has been working on a solution before I even knew there was a problem. So, I'm going to choose to put my big girl panties on, and let Him deal with it. I hope you will too.

Daddy's girl,

Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments.