Thursday, March 24, 2011

Is Going Blind

The first time I went to get fitted for glasses, I laughed hysterically every time I would put on a different pair of glasses. After the third try, I could see the lady who was assisting me was a bit confused by it all. I explained that every time I looked into the mirror with a pair of glasses on that my mother was looking back at me. Well, I've gotten used to wearing glasses, and I went for another eye exam -- it had been 4 years, after all.  Back to pick out frames I go. I can tell my eyes aren't what they once were because I have to squint to read my large letter Bible sometimes, and my optometrist told me after a few more birthdays we may have to consider the "b" word -- bifocals!  Yes, apparently as we mature, our eye sight dwindles causing us to seek the aid of glasses.

At any rate, it got me to thinking about a verse to which I've been clinging since God first started calling me into ministry. Isaiah 42:16, "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." I cling to this verse as I parent too!

I pray that as I mature in my faith that I blindly trust God and follow Him wherever He leads knowing He is already preparing the way and that He will never leave me. My glasses may make me look like my mom, but my "blindness" helps me to see my heavenly Father for who He is -- my Provider, my Protector, my Shield, my Rock, my Deliverer, my Rescuer, my Supporter, my Savior, and many more (Ps 18).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments.