Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What's in Your Right Hand?

“Silence is golden.” Have you ever read that or heard that?


I have a daughter who wakes up talking, goes to bed talking and sometimes talks in her sleep. I have a son who wakes up moving and goes to bed moving the world. Anytime they are home, there is noise of some sort. If the boy is home and it’s quiet, this momma panics! Anyone else know what I mean? He’s into something, taking it apart or making something out of something that doesn’t belong to him.

Every now and then I just have to escape. I have to unplug from the computer, from the television, from my family, from life and just be silent. I cannot tell you how many times I have wished I could go on a silent retreat where everyone there is there to pray, read and meditate on God’s Word and commune only with Him.

Isaiah 41:1, “Be silent before Me, islands!” (That’s us) “And let peoples renew their strength.” Did you catch the order of that? 1. BE SILENT 2. RENEW THEIR STRENGTH. We have renewable energy source, but we have to be plugged into the Source who requires us to be silent. There’s another verse that says, “Be still and know that I am God” (Ps 46:10). Ps 37:7 says, “Be silent before the Lord and wait expectantly for Him.” Ecclesiastes 3:7 says there’s even a season in which we are to be silent.

Then read verse 13 (this verse gives me goose bumps!) “For I, YAHWEH your God, hold your right hand and say to you: ‘Do not fear, I will help you’.” Next time you are in a storm or in a trial, I want you to look down at your right hand. Visualize God holding your hand. Hear Him whisper to your heart, “Do not fear, I will help you.” Is that not the ultimate picture of Fatherly love? Holding your hand. Telling you He’s got you. I need that. Don’t you!? And do you know why we can trust and believe Him to be there? In verses 17-20, God shows He is not bound by nature. He can put trees in the desert if His child needs one. He can put springs of water in dry lands if His child needs it. Things that look impossible to world, my God can do, and He does it for His children. Whatever trial or storm we find ourselves in, God’s answer is not always the conventional or the one that makes sense. And when He shows up and works that miracle in your life, give Him the praise. Don’t be shy or stingy with it either. For too long, Christians have kept silent about how God has done wonderful things in their lives. If we are silent with our praise, then the rocks will cry out. It is not coincident that He has saved you. It is not coincident or fate that provided a way for you. It is YAHWEH the One who holds your right hand. That is something to shout about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments.