Sunday, April 24, 2011

…What to do


What do you do when your child has a heart for missions at an early age?

 
I remember being afraid that God would call me to missions and send me far away…like to Africa. I was afraid that I would never see my family again if God called me to missions.

 
My daughter doesn't have that fear. God has given her a gift of mercy and compassion, so when the opportunity presented itself for her to go to a mission trip in El Salvador, she applied. She filled out the form herself. It will cost her $1,000.00, to go. I will be going as well because she can't travel by herself to a foreign country.

 
In order for to raise money, Erin is making bracelets to sell. If you drink cokes out of the can, would you please save the pop tops and send them to Erin? She will use these to make the bracelets to sell. I've posted some pictures of the bracelets. She is going to sell them for $2.00. If you would like to buy one, I know she would appreciate it. If you can do neither, we would definitely appreciate your prayers leading up to the trip, during the trip and for a safe return.

 
It really wouldn't surprise me if at some time in the future if she didn't do this on a regular basis. She has such a heart for God and for telling others.

 
So, what do I do when my child has a heart for missions? I'm doing everything in my power to make sure her passion doesn't die. I want her heart to stay open to all the possibilities God has for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments.