Saturday, August 6, 2011

Has Much To Be Thankful for Regarding My Job

Just like there is no perfect human living on Earth. There is no perfect business because imperfect people run them. There also isn't a perfect church, but that's a different story for a different blog. Paul wrote in 1 Thessalonians 5:18, "in everything give thanks."

So I want to be thankful and obedient. My daddy is a State Farm agent. Through his salary I've been able to go on mission trips, go to a private, Christian school, have a car, go to college and much more. I went to work for State Farm in August of 1993. Through the wages I've earned from State Farm, I was able to live on my own, have my own health coverage, get married, sustain a household, buy vehicles, go on trips and send my children to a private, Christian school. Plus, I have loved every job I have had with State Farm from working in my daddy's agency, to the year in the agency manager's office to claims and now insurance fraud. I can't imagine finding a job I enjoy more. Also my colleagues are some of the neatest, kindest people I've had the pleasure of knowing.

My husband also worked for State Farm for a good period of time until God allowed it to become so uncomfortable that Patrick wanted to move out of the Farm and start his own business. This was by God's design. If God hadn't made the situation at the Farm unbearable for Patrick he would have stayed and been miserable. By making it uncomfortable, Patrick was energized to start his businesses.

So, I have been blessed. If I have to move on to another company, I know that God will give me the job He wants me to have. I know that He will give me the job that He has prepared for me, that it will work well with my family life, and that it will be enough to support my family. God is good like that.

I will guess that in the next couple of months I should find out if I will be able to work from my home, or if I will be doing the full court press finding the job He has prepared for me. We covet your prayers during this time of uncertainty. Any time there is uncertainty there is an opportunity for growth in our faith. My prayer is for peace while I wait and for wisdom. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments.