Friday, August 5, 2011

WHAT A WEEK! Info on my job

So, let's recap this week, shall we? I'm at seminary for the week learning how to effectively do lay counseling and support groups. I find out on Thursday that the office that I work in is scheduled to close. When? I don't know. They don't know. They just said "soon," but if their "soon" is anything like "this is going to be a quick study and due at the end of the first quarter in 2011," but we don't get it until mid August...WHO KNOWS when it will all hit the fan. We will be given one of three options: relocate to Columbia, Missouri -- NOT! To Tulsa, OK -- NOT! OR telecommute from home. The latter option is the one I would choose, but I don't get to choose. When will they tell us if that is an option? WHO KNOWS!? They surely do not.

So, I guess my project that is due for the support group class could be for my colleagues in the Shreveport office, but I don't think I could adequately or effectively lay counsel them, since I am in the same boat with them. Lay counseling is a different animal altogether anyway. The way the lay counselor asks questions is VERY different than the way I ask questions on the job. Can you imagine if someone came into me for lay counseling and I still had my fraud investigator had on!? They would go out tramatized. I have a lot to work on when it comes to lay counseling.

Then I come home, and my air conditioning isn't working. It is a cool 89 degrees in my house with the thermostat set on 76. Good grief, Charlie Brown!

It would be easy to get discouraged right now. It would be easy to feel defeated right now. It would be easy to throw in the towel, take my toys and go (where? I don't know). But what I've come to understand about God and about my life is this...all this mess that is kickin' up in my life, ain't no surprise to Him. He knew this day was coming, and He has been ahead of me the whole time making the rough places smooth (Is 42:16). So, I will put one foot in front of the other. I will put a smile on my face and look to the Son expecting Him to lead me out of this mess, and I will believe that nothing He has planned for me is to my detriment but rather for my good (Jer 29:11). So, I will wait expectantly on Him to show me what to do, where to go, and what to say. He is for me. It's going to be an interesting ride. Can't wait to see what He does next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments.