Thursday, August 13, 2009

Desires Blood

Yesterday at about 4:30 PM, I hear a thud, thud and then a loud cry come from the den. I had been in my bedroom trying to have a moments peace before fixing supper when the sound violently assaulted my tranquillity. I ran into the den to see Pearce holding his hand to his head and blood running down his little arm...never a good sign! I tried to find out what had happened as I scooped him up, but that was not going to happen. I ran him to the master bathroom because due to a flood (thanks to a hot water line to the kids bathtub rupturing on February 21st) I had concrete flooring and blood couldn't hurt it. I put him down not knowing if his arm, hand or head was injured. When I lowered his hand to clean it, blood started literally squirting from the top of his head up and into the sink! I put a damp rag on it thinking, "Well that can't be good." Come to find out all the blood was from a one inch gash at the crown of his head. I called my husband for him to call his brother who is a nurse to get his read on the situation while I called the doctor's office that was just about to close.

Erin said she saw the whole thing. She said Pearce had gotten down from the couch and started running when he hit a pillow on the floor and slipped and fell directly on his head. The decision was made to give Pearce some Tylenol and monitor his pupils if anything looked the least bit off we would go to the E.R. where they would run a CAT scan. I will do a lot of things to avoid the E.R. with Pearce. He has had to be in the hospital one time since he was born and trying to keep him contained is like trying to herd cats. He was everywhere. I couldn't imagine trying to get him still enough to do the scan! Within 30 minutes of the Tylenol Pearce was back to running. He has two speeds -- off and full throttle running! (Sometimes I have to wait for him to make the loop, so I can catch him.)

Patrick got nauseated just thinking about what had happened at the house while he was gone. This is the man who can gut and crawl up in a deer, but passes out at the sight of his own blood. When he cut his hand with the table saw about a month ago, I had to wheel him into the E.R. in a chair. The nurse wanted to know why since it was his hand that was cut. When I explained, all the nurse said was, "Oh, he's one of those."

All of this blood got me to thinking. "What can wash away my sins? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. Oh, precious is the flow that makes me white as snow. No other fount I know. Nothing but the blood of Jesus." We don't sing the hymns like we use to. I love some of those hymns.

Jesus Christ was willing to allow Himself to stay on the cross, spill His blood, drain Himself as He took on my sins all to redeem me, a wretched sinner who has been saved by grace. So, when I ask myself why did God allow something to happen, or when is God going to do this or that, I stop myself and remind myself that if He went through such an excruciating death for the likes of me before I was even born He isn't going to do something now that is to my detriment. My God is too good and too wise. So, I choose to trust Him knowing that I may not understand His ways because they are higher than my own, and I choose to trust He has my best interest at heart. He already proved that at the cross.

I don't know how many lives my son will have or how much blood he will shed in his lifetime, but I am thankful for the one Son who shed His blood for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments.